PrintDry Vacuum Sealed Filament Container - 5 PACK
SKU: 000 PTDCONT
The ultimate filament storage solution for 3D printing.
The water content in a filament can cause various 3D printing problems, from the print being partially failed to the filament completely unprintable. Leaving your filament spools unprotected will make it absorb moisture in the air and reduce its printability. This happens to almost all the filaments. Therefore, it is very important to store your filaments in a dry environment to ensure a longer shelf life. After 2 successful Kickstarter campaigns in 2016 for our filament dryer and in 2017 for our filament container. We are now glad to introduce the PrintDry Vacuum Sealed Filament Container.
Our PrintDry filament containers keep your stored filament dry and reduce moisture-related printing problems, they will also keep your printing area clean and organized.
5 PACK - Contents of Package:
- 5 x PrintDry Containers
- 5x Vacuum Sealing Lids with Air Valve
- 5x Sets of Lid Clamps
- 1x Hand Pump
1) Vacuum valve and pump: A special valve and a pump are used to suck the air out to create a vacuum seal and this will prevent the moisture in the air from getting into the container.
2) Stronger structure: In order to hold a strong vacuum seal, both the lid and the container itself have been specially designed.
3) Vacuum indicator: when completely vacuum sealed, the center of the vacuum valve will collapse inward from its original dome shape.
The vacuum filament container has been tested with a 750g filament spool inside for 30 days. The graph below shows the changes of the relative humidity (grey line) inside the container and the ambient humidity (red line) as the storage time increases. Five pouches of 15g desiccant are included in the container.
How to use:
Our new vacuum sealed containers are super easy to use.
1) Place your filament spool inside the container with some desiccant pouches, put on the lid and align the tabs of the lid and the container, engage the 4 strong clamps.
2) Take the hand plunger and line up the bottom of the hand plunger with the center vacuum valve on the container lid. Pressing down gently on the hand plunger, simply lift the plunger handle slowly until it reaches the top of the pump, and then push down on the plunger until it reaches the bottom of the pump. Repeat this up and down motion for 5-10 times.
3) To release the vacuum seal, place your index finger on the outside rim of the valve, and press it towards the center.
Please be aware that too many pumps will end up putting too much pressure on the container walls and lids and will lead to damage of your containers.
- Container overall size: 255(OD) x 115(H) mm (10.5"OD x 4.5"H)
- Filament spool size (max): 205(OD) x 85(H) mm (8"OD x 3.3"H)
1) A thicker durable plastic to withstand the extreme pressure of on the walls and lid of the containers when vacuum seal is achieved.
2) Accept taller spools of filament than our original container.